This morning I finished quilting in the words on the border of the runner I am making as a gift to the speaker at the Women's Conference.
I don't know if you can read them but stitched in white on the navy border, they show up pretty well without "taking over".
From the left side around ...
Women's Conference 2017
Celebrating 60 Years
Sharing our stories ...
The speaker's theme is weaving stories, ours and those of the Bible, together.
Originally, I made sketches of several blocks that gave an impression of weaving fabrics together.
After testing this one, I liked the effect and did not try out any others.
There are 60 three-inch blocks,
each with two colors and I sorted through what I had pieced so the arrangement would not repeat any one fabric.
In the past I have used printed panels for the center and quilted in words. I also put a hanging sleeve on those runners.
I have not decided if this needs a hanging sleeve as it seems more suited to being a table runner.
I know the last one I made has been used as a runner ever since it was presented ... but that is one out of many.
The finished size will be about 35"x23".
One more decision will be the binding.
I selected the backing you can see here from among a batch of stuff that came from a friend.
I thought it looked like streamers and confetti ... kind of good for celebrating 60 years. The piece was large enough and the price was right. (and it doesn't show my uneven stitches)
For a binding I am toying with the idea of using the medium blue in the backing. I have left enough backing that I could just turn it to the front but being a directional print and colorful, it would probably be a distraction more than anything.
I always get good advice from my blogging friends and I still have a few weeks before it needs to be presented ...
So I await your feedback with much gratitude for all that has gone before.