Monday, October 22, 2018

One busy week over ...

And another one begun....

Saturday, while on our choir retreat, the banner got it's hanging sleeves.

Monday morning, I got one picture in the sunny park before leaving for school.

Now, my cameras are all in retirement mode.
The Cannon Power shot opens up but then says "lens error - restart camera" .

The Nikon coolpix does nothing when I press the "on" button ... even after re-charging the battery.

The Cannon IXY shows nothing on the screen when I turn it on.

Well, the camera on my cell phone works. I can send a picture to my computer, but can't find it when it gets there.

So, at school yesterday, I got some help from the teacher I work with. I sent her the picture from my cell phone, and she sent it to my e-mail address. Finally, I was able to locate it for a post. It does seem like a long way around, just to get a picture I can use. Is there a way of printing pictures from an I-Phone? Technology is slowly driving me nuts! Just about the time I get things figured out, it all changes.

Saturday morning, Mt Fuji was just peeking out among the clouds ...
which soon took over and turned into rain ...

But Sunday morning, a new fresh cap of snow, made Fuji a real eye-catcher.
After the sauna-summer, the cool air was quite refreshing.
The cooler air has come to Tokyo too. In fact, today is a down-jacket day. I wonder if we are jumping from summer right into winter .
The dogwood trees have turned color, but to dark red with no bright colors. The maples are dropping a few brown leaves, but those left on the tree are still quite green.

Other than bright orange persimmons on the local trees, one would hardly know that October is almost over.

This will be a big weekend for me.

I am preparing for a gallery talk to give on Friday and Saturday at my friend, Kuraishi-sensei's quilt show.

With the banner out of the way, I need to get back to those two black and white quilts. The big one for Kai needs to be laid out with batting and backing and basted. That will certainly not end up as take-along work.
The single one still needs a border to be measured and cut and sewed in place. (Maybe today???)

Then here is a new baby coming in December needing a quilt.  I have a number of ideas in my head but not much started.

Happily, Nikko had the attention Of Norie and Leia during my weekend away. I returned to a plentiful covering of her hair covering the carpet and stairs and drifting across the wood flooring and wafting into the corners. I guess that is where I will begin my day.

Oh, the last picture ... After the weekend before, leading environmental studies and a brotherhood walk through the woods, I was carrying a big stick and batting down webs covering the trail ...though I did bring a few home in my hair. It was nice in Gotemba to view the work of these spiders with the sun coming through and being able to leave them doing their job of catching mosquitoes and other annoying bugs. I'm all for work that STAYS done!

9 comments:

  1. I love how the banner came out and the outdoor light, shows all the beautiful details and colors.
    It seems we are going cold fast, too. We did a drive and saw some color, here and there, but no full turning yet.
    I love looking at webs, it is amazing how beautiful their designs are.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning banner, and great photo, it shines with Gladness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your banner came out beautifully!

    Our Mt. Nantai doesn’t have snow yet though I check it daily. But we are now wearing down jackets also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The church banner is great! I get the dog hair. We scoop up handfuls of dog fur every day. It blows all over, like baby tumbleweeds. Good luck with your talk at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your banner done. A lovely finish.
    You have had a busy time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your banner turned out so well. You have a gift of taking a simple idea and making it shine. Hope your weekend went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your banner looks great and very inspiring. I love the extra detail of the hands forming a heart on her t-shirt. Excellent photo of Mt. Fuji and the spider web!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pain of modern techonology! The banner is delightful. How fabulous Mt Fuji looks with its sprinkling of snow. I hope your talk went well.

    ReplyDelete