Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Since Julie asked for something really "Girly" I found a lovely batik at Kinkado. Unfortunately there was not enough left on the bolt to cut all the sashings. After looking all over online, I gave up and bought a floral. However, after sewing together a number of blocks I didn't like the results so I un-stitched the parts.
During the summer trip to Portland, Julie and I found this pink batik at a fabric shop. I also bought the black alphabet print which I ended up using instead of 4 1 inch block.
Since my stash of 1 inch prints is getting low after Leia's and Irene's quilts I could only come up with 3 inches of blocks for the border. I found some beautiful prints for the border. I found some beautiful prints for the back, but ended up going for something a bit cheaper.