Another I-Spy quilt for a new church baby. This did not take long to piece because I had a tin of four-inch blocks already cut. Sashing strips needed to be made, but by this past Sunday, the border had been added. I went shopping for batting on my way home from church. I am very sorry that thinsulate is no longer in local shops, because I like it best. Yuzawaya had an assortment of samples I could choose from, but only two were large enough for this quilt. My first choice was not available but they might be able to order it. Well, how long might that take? I decided to buy the higher loft, just right at 150cm x 125cm. polyester 92% rayon 8%, and unlike the rest of what they had, was not "iron on". (KSP-120-NP) and the bag says "Owl's Mama".
Anyway, I found it a bit thick and hard to quilt through. I think my stitches were around five to the inch, and the resulting finish is a lot puffier than I usually get. Of course the baby getting this will not be comparing it with other of my quilts.
Now, all I need to do is add a label and find a bag to put it in. Sunday I will pass it to its new owner or leave it in the office for the family to pick up.
The rest of the week I will plan the leaves for the 150th anniversary signature quilt. I figure that if I make them oval and pointed at both ends, I will be able to arrange them either left or right on the vine.
The day started out quite sunny and nice. It was warm and had been predicted to get warmer, but by the time I went to the park for a photo shoot, it became cloudy and windy with a slight chill. I sure am glad my job is not predicting the weather!