Sunday, December 5, 2021

Quilt top done

Last week I added the last small border to Maile's "big girl" quilt

I cut the floral down to just eight inches, as the whole width was a bit too overpowering. Then I added a one inch combination of assorted yukata fabrics to the outer edge. Now I am piecing yukata/ tenugui fabrics together for the backing. 

Working by hand is very slow progress. The days have become colder and I am looking forward to when I can sit with a warm quilt in the hoop in my lap. Maybe the light blue can go for the binding... but that is a long way off.  Laid out on the floor, this quilt takes up the whole space almost to the wall. Basting is going to be a challenge if I decide to do it here.