Monday, October 25, 2010

If I had a design wall

If I had a design wall I don't know where I would put it but I know what I would put on it.


The Choir retreat at the foot of Mt. Fuji was great. The picture is of Fuji with the sunrise reflected on its flanks. No matter how many times I glimpse this mountain it is always different yet the same and takes my breath away.
I finished the large blocks in the odd moments. I can't imagine what it would be like to go on a quilt retreat! This project has no particular purpose other than for something to do as take-along work. It was given me by a friend during summer travels and I have added some of my own fabrics as well. There is still a lot to go but since it is a spare time activity there is no rush. Some of my children have asked,"Who are you making that for?" Well, right now, for my sanity. I guess I won't have trouble finding it a home some day!

6 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful picture Julie - just makes you smile to look at. I read recently that a design wall could be made from a flannel backed plastic table cloth. Not sure if you could fine one of those there but they have them at WalMart here. You can lay it on the floor, put your blocks on it, then roll it up. The roll would be quite small I suppose and more easily stored. Another woman I saw got a window shade, unrolled it all the way, glued flannel to it, then rerolled it. She hung it on a couple of hooks when she wanted to use it, unrolled and stuck blocks on it, rerolled it when done and stored it in a closet. Of course, neither of those might work for you but we quilters are pretty creative! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. E' bella colorata la tua trapunta:
    illumina gli occhi
    Ciao dall'Italia
    Domenica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors in your quilt!
    Do you know I have never seen Mt. Fuji up close... just from a far off Bullet train. Your photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of Mt. Fuji is very beautiful. I love the sparkling bright colors of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got back from Yamanakako & 3 days of almost non-stop rain. Sadly, Fuji was covered by fog & rain these same 3 days so we just have to remember it from our other trips there. Beautiful colourful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful picture and works!

    sandra :)

    ReplyDelete