|That was quick!|
Phoebe's quilt made it to Oregon in less than a week.
I had made a baby I-Spy quilt around a year ago for the children's ministry director at out church, and his mother, living in Austria saw it and told her son that the one thing she had always most wanted was a quilt.
I really don't need any more projects, but ever since making the black and white quilt for Kai, I had wanted to try that pattern in florals.
Well, while sorting that "rescued" fabric, I decided to mark and cut some blocks. This makes good take-along work so putting the blocks together did not take much time.
Last Tuesday I laid them out on the floor of the church fellowship hall and tried arranging them into a layout with a balance of color and tone.
This week I added the inner border and last night's train ride finished off adding the outer border.
I think I may have a large floral that can be pieced for the backing. Then It is going to have to wait for cooler weather to quilt.
Meanwhile I have started an I-spy baby quilt for my boss's baby expected in the fall....
And ... I have been asked to make two small table runners for two staff members of our church who are retiring. Hopefully I can get some fbrics marked and cut so I can take them to camp in another week in case I have spare time while there.
The feed sack blocks are sitting in a tin waiting for other things to move along. I just need to arrange the blocks so they can be joined, then work on a border.
I am thinking of using some of the scraps in an applique vine with flowers. I have yet to draft that but those feed sacks have been waiting since the 30s for attention so I guess they can wait a bit longer.
Looking at the weather forecast it looks as if spring has finished springing and the rainy season is about to drop by. Well, I think I will have enough to do inside.