After making a number of random floral blocks, I noticed a similar idea on another blog with more coordinated colors in the pieced blocks. I thought that might be a bit better and now I seem to have enough of those and I am glad I made the change. No doubt I will find another purpose for the other pieced ones.
Most of the smaller strips are just signed, but the larger ones have a message as well. I decided that, on a banner, it would be easier to read those wide ones if they were closer to the bottom border. This is the layout I came up with. the center strip will be some shade of plain blue with flowers and vines and words added.
Next task will be cutting a few more half-square triangles and going through my floral one-inch squares for the upper half layout. I need to cut a few more inch-wide strips to balance the upper half, and I am thinking adding strips to the border for more to sign on the anniversary celebration day.
For now, I am looking forward to the day I can begin sewing these rows together, I have yet to sort through my solids, hoping to find a large enough strip of light blue for the center. Time to get back to work!