Saturday, May 25, 2024

A quickie quilt

Here is an alphabet quilt I made for a church friend's second child coming soon. The first one got an "I-Spy" quilt and I often hear from the parents how much she enjoys playing with it. I thought an alphabet quilt might be just as much fun. The blue and white letters were printed on the fabric and asking to be used. I thought it might be fun to search for pictures that match a letter, like how many B words can you find?

I rotated the alphabet with at least one picture and filled the center with extra prints. The picture blocks are just quilted with hearts and the quilting outlines the letters. I have been trying to get a better picture. Today there was sun but way too much wind. I took off the side clips and took a shot at an angle while the quilt was dancing in the breeze.



I still need to add a label. then I just have to wait for the special day.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt for a child! I am sure this will be treasured by the parents and the child! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mess up my words in the previous comment!! Just as lovely as an I Spy and as a child grows, this will be enjoyed with delight for many years. Love the way the letters travel round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lovely, I can imagine the child, when they're older, crawling around, tracing the outline of letters with a small finger, and spelling out favourite words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! I love that spiral arrangement of the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice idea! Lots of color and beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make such lovely and thoughtful gifts. This is perfect for the parents to spend time with their children. It is also a perfect napping quilt, so much to look at before dozing off.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete