Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hopping along ...




The Mola is getting a bit of action.

Luckily, the butterfly is hiding behind the flowers over on the sofa. It might be a bit too big for the frog anyway.

I am thinking of using this leaf as a pattern since it seems to fit the area.

My nest challenge is deciding between applique and reverse-applique to decorate the frog.

And, maybe the frog needs a target like a bee ... but I would rather have him work on eliminating the swarms of mosquitoes encouraged by Sunday's rain.


Over the weekend I did a bit of piecing and it was a refreshing change. I am looking forward to the time I can add some needlework. . .


And watching Queenie's blog for possible stitches that might add to the design ... and be easy enough for me to figure out.



6 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! Most embroidery stitches are not that difficult, and they certainly won't bite you! Mola is an excellent place to add a few details with embroidery stitches.
    Your frog is looking fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this project - the designs are so interesting and I can feel then needle and thread going in and out and forming the design bit by bit.

    I have been trying to email you, and twice now the emails come back as undeliverable - wonder what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems as though Mr. Google is again fighting off Mr. Yahoo. I sure do wish they could learn to get along!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of adding appliqué so it is raised on the frog, to give the piece more texture and movement.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Combining mola and embroidery sounds like a great idea. I haven't done any mola but your sun is enticing me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your frog is hopping along nicely.

    ReplyDelete