Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Flimsy done

Yesterday included a long trip into town for a District Scout meeting. Usually, I just attend on line but that meeting was a chance to meet the newly appointed District Executive. Actually, that part was rather a dud as she only spoke up to give her name during the hour and a half I was sitting there. The only other thing I heard from her was after the meeting when I introduced myself was that she lived on a base and was here for three years with her husband's assignment. I guess for time spent, the best results were two long inner borders added to the quilt on the train ride in, three outer borders added during the meeting and the ride home. Now the flimsy is finished and I need to hunt up something for the backing.


I used a light yellow pseudo-quilt block print for the inner border and an animal print for the outer one. Next year is "the year of the dog" so maybe I can find some doggy print to use on the back.
That will be my next task to see what I can dig out of my stash. Too bad the baby is not a girl because I have lots of florals in large amounts.

This will no longer be take-along work but now I am satisfied with the size.

Another trip into town tonight for choir so I will need to prep some more take-along work. Guess it is back to the stash for more than one solution.....

10 comments:

  1. I love how it came out, the border really sets it off nicely.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two borders set it off so beautifully. Just DANDY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plenty to look at both on the blocks and the border, and soon the back as well!
    When you're on the train, don't forget to spy for that sharp tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on the borders. Hope you can find the right backing.
    What a shame your meeting was not interesting - or rather, the person you went to see.
    Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck finding a binding. Nice quilt. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful quilt, it will give the baby lots of stimulation looking at it. The borders suit it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another sweet and colorful quilt - perfect for a baby. I'm just amazed at how much you get done Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see this wonderful scrappy quilt will keep the baby very busy seeking for all sorts of hidden items. I see a bunny, balloons, and an airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how even the sashing and cornerstones are scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is very useful for me,Thanks for your sharing.

    เกย์

    ReplyDelete