I decided to let the backing decide the size of the quilt. It is now 43inches by 55 inches. Probably will be large enough to use for some time.
I alternated dark and light prints and turned them in all directions so there will not be a top or bottom.
I needed to add two more inches to the quilt so as not to waste the backing. The only green I had that matched the flowers on the print was short ... actually a left-over from one of my first quilts. I just added floral cornerstones between the strips so they are rather random in placement.
Now, to get this laid out and basted ... Maybe I should go early to choir and use the floor at church.
I am already in trouble at school because a "needle" or maybe a pin... was found on the library floor. I was asked by the art teacher to prepare some materials for a class that involved sewing thin gauzy fabric into larger pieces and asked to take it to the library when the kids were using the art room....
however, the pins I used were safety pins. I think the needle came from one of those airline kits and there may have been pins in that pack but I never took them out. Nevertheless, I was seen sewing in the library and the art teacher verified that I used the library to sew something. Anyway, we shall see what happens on Monday. My pins have big colorful heads that are easy to spot when dropped. Maybe I should take them along to compare.
The weekend is drawing near and there is an awful lot on my plate before Monday comes around.