Tuesday, April 9, 2019

What's up?

A cold rainy day ... and a good time to sit and work on a quilt in my lap. The borders on Phoebe's quilt are slowly getting done ... only a bit more to go and I can work on the tree area.



I have prepared some border points to feature the feed sack prints and enjoy having a bit of take-along work.

This picture was taken Tuesday evening at church on the floor of the fellowship hall.
On the way home, I completed one more block.

I have been pulling colors from each of the prints to put in the background stars.
There is not a great variety of colors but I am trying to combine them in a way that they can be arranged in a balanced way.

I am thinking some of the smaller scraps can be made into a floral border so I haven't tossed out those bits.

Our spring seems to be taking two steps forward and then a few back. I never know how many layers to put on each morning. (and if I need to peal a few off ... how long it will be before I need to go get them again. My bed is waiting for the day to put away the sleeping bag and dress up the bed with some new sheets my daughter gifted me ... and actually see the quilt that is under the down comforter.

Next post I will share the finished quilt made with the school mothers. Until then ... back to quilting.

3 comments:

  1. Unlike you further north, we have donned the medium winter duvet that is not quite the top one of down, but still a lot warmer than summer weight. ( p.s.I even turn on the electric blanket, a sign of older age or a cold night?) Love those blocks and all the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely and colourful quilt, Julie. The weather is like that isn't it.....it certainly has a mind of its own. Enjoy playing with those stars.

    ReplyDelete