Sunday, July 16, 2023

Flapping my wings

 At the end of June, I took off on an adventure to visit my kiddos in the states.


First stop was in Oregon, though I took a short trip up to Washington, to visit Vashon Island, where I had worked one summer as a college student.

The rest of the time was divided between Portland and Grant's Pass with Oregon kids and grandkids. All the Oregon crew posed for a photo before leaving. 


Next stop was in Colorado, where we took in lots of mountain scenery and a quilt show that included a talk by the featured artist.


There was also an exhibit of log cabin quilts, arranged in a wide variety of styles.



The frosting on the cake was a family dinner at a Japanese restaurant with yummy eels in a bento box.




The next morning, was out early to catch a plane to Boston. 

Now I am enjoying being pampered on the last leg of the trip.

This trip has been full of adventure ... with a few still to go ... and friends along the way.

In the end, my granddaughter will get her "big girl" quilt created on a trip around the world. The take-along work could be done on the plane and in trips by car.


More than 40 of the 52 blocks are together, and I am trying to save a few for the plane ride home. 

Meanwhile, there adventures still lined up for the week ahead.

(How can anything be more fun than I have already had!) I'll have to wait and see what in to follow.....

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous trip! Your family is so lucky to have you. It’s great to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you having such a good time! Such an adventure! You have a beautiful family and make the most beautiful quilts - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Julie, how wonderful to see you surrounded by you children and grandkids. I am so happy to know you went to see them. Zoom meetings are great but meeting people in person is far greater. Enjoy every second of your US adventures.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO glad you are in the U.S. visiting your kids and I only wish we still lived outside of Boston, for a possible meetup! I'm sure everyone is so happy to have you stateside for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased you are having a wonderful time with your family.
    You are certainly keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, what a wonderful adventure! I’m glad you are enjoying time with your family!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun adventure. How nice to deliver the quilt in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see your smiling face and to see all the faces of people who love you so much! That is a lot of traveling and catching planes and waiting etc. I hope it didn't wear you out (it did me last year!) Welcome back to hot and humid Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were in the States while I was in Alaska. Glad you got to visit family.

    ReplyDelete