Sunday, October 7, 2018

Strange culture


At least three times a week, I take the train to and from Omotesando station...
For church, meetings, choir practice, and the first Saturday in the month for "Saturday Night Out"program.

The last few weeks, the B3 basement passage has been crammed with young people standing along the wall.

At times it got so tight that those trying to pass through were like fish swimming upstream. Finally, the station sent an attendant to stand toward the end of the line with a microphone, asking those young people to move over and let people pass.

This past week, a rope had been installed outside the yellow strip to keep the crowd back. You may notice that those people all have cell phones and are taking pictures.

This mother and son have jumped the rope to get a close-up picture.


Last week, I stopped and asked the guard what was going on.

Apparently, these large photos are of members of some pop group....

Hmmm, If you can't mob the real thing, large photos are the next best ????








At the end of the line ... checking  that we got the best pictures.


I Talked with the guard again yesterday and he said it is the last day.

I guess that is why the crowd is less than the last few weeks.







And, in case you are wondering,  I grabbed a picture in the very-early-morning on my way to practice for a special group singing in the first service.

Can you imagine the lure of these seven members of a group? Would you want a quick selfie standing between them? The older I get, it seems, the more out of touch I become.
Think of all the quilting I could get done  instead of hanging out in the halls of Omotesando-station!

6 comments:

  1. Strange culture - strange generation(s). I can't imagine the lure of these seven members of a group - but then again - I never understood the attraction of the "Beatles" way back when. Selfies make no sense to me - I know what I look like - I see myself in the mirror every morning when I brush my teeth - why do I need a picture? - My memory is full of pictures of people, places, and things. The older I get, it seems, the more out of touch I become - and the less I care that I am - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to Country music, so I don't have a clue who they are. I was never one to pay that kind of homage to 'stars' anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should ask for pictures of your singing group to go on the wall as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in The Beatles era, we didn’t have selfies. The generation is so different these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
    I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
    I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
    หนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete