Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Small finishes


 July 15th, 16th, and 18th saw finishes. The small one I intend to give to a neighbor next time I see her, The bento box on the left will wait to be snatched up, and the long runner is now waiting to take its place on my daughter's entryway shoe cupboard. 

I realized I never posted a picture of the finished kotatsu cover. 


I had to take a picture of it laid out on the floor because it is way too big and heavy to hang on the park fence. I turned the flannel backing to the front for binding. I'm not sure if my daughter will want more quilting, but I really like it the way it is, so soft and cuddly.  The batting is thinsulate #80 and even with light quilting, it is not going to shift. This is about 88" square.

I have a number of other things on my list. My next in line granddaughter is ready for her "big girl" quilt. I have been short on gifted items to the kids. Thinking of a pieced shoulder bag for Marie, and Ken would like a king size quilt with a blue and white Japanese style design. I have lots of ideas for these ... so why am I playing around with little scrappy things. I guess it is just because I like to have something finished that doesn't take forever. The heat and humidity have been a great deterrent too. The rain did bring two cool days on Monday and Tuesday, but morning wind blew all the clouds away and the hot sun took over.

The anniversary banner is laid out with paper for sketching. Now waiting for the days to cool off a bit so I won't drip sweat all over the layout. Taking it all one day at a time...

8 comments:

  1. These are all really sweet finishes. 88" inches square is really big and you managed to get a nice photo of it. Soft cuddly and so so pretty. The heat is tough. I hope you are using your A/C when it's really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty items. I would like to make one of the Bento boxes. I was so curious about the term bento, that I google it and found all kinds of history on Bento boxes, so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kotatsu cover is beautiful, and the top photos, love the bright fabrics, they will all be so cherished. Stay cool , as we enter into a total lockdown, and at the moment only for 3 days where we live,the general thinking is this will extent into several weeks, so without and driving or visiting, time to sort out my fabrics and make some early Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kotatsu cover is BEAUTIFUL- lucky daughter!! And your small finishes are BEAUTIFUL as well - it's so nice to finish something that doesn't take forever - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous kotatsu cover! Your three July smaller finishes are great also. Your neighbor and daughter will love them. I always like to have smaller things going at the same time as bigger things. I’ve never tried the bento box pattern, but maybe I will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see all your finishes. A great achievement.
    Hope the weather is kind to you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That kotatsu cover is just beautiful! I hope your daughter will be able to keep it getting spilled on.... That's sort of why I never wanted to do kotatsu covers.

    So many quilts we have to make! It is endless and makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice finishes. Looks like you will be busy making gifts.

    ReplyDelete