Thursday, June 23, 2022

It's on the fence

I was thinking of something light blue for the inner border, but going through my assorted scraps, I couldn't find anything that would work without a lot of piecing. Then, I found a wood print that wanted to visit the cabin, and had enough to work with. I did have to piece the long sides, but that would have happened anyway.

The dark blue had two long strips that may have been cut for some other of my friend's quilts, but was not cut straight and had to be resized at 4 1/2 inches to allow for seams. The side pieces needed to be sewn but don't seem to show that much.

It is quite a windy day, but I was lucky to find a section of fence that was high enough for a photo with the quilt turned sideways. I was rather pleased when clipping it up, to find how uniform the blocks and measurements are. I didn't have to pull it in any direction to make it square up.

 


So ... next on the list will be finding something for the backing. I could piece tenugui or there might be something in the acquired stash that is large enough. I am determined NOT to buy anything other than thread. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning, the tan before the blue border is perfect,Thank goodness for a handy fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, the wood narrow border frames the whole beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this quilt is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt. Log cabin blocks are a favorite and love the blue and browns you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, Your quilt is gorgeous, and the colors work so well together ! With log cabin patterns, it's important to have high contrast, as your quilt has. That way, all the nuances of the geometric motifs can be easily seen. We love the beautiful star in the center and the way that the outer edges of star spotlight the row of diagonal points. A true masterpiece ! Blessings to you, from Marina and Daryl Lynn

    ReplyDelete