Monday, October 12, 2020

Community gathering


       Today the last bit of sashing was added to the crazy blocks. I laid them out on the floor to arrange them, trying for a good balance of color and dark and light. Some of them I switched around and some only needed the blocks rotated. Looking at the photograph, I decided to rotate some in the second row. Now I think they are ready to be sewed together.

        Meanwhile, I have to come up with a new stewardship banner for this year. Our committee is very small and I am wishing for a few good thinkers to run my idea by, before starting with fabric. The biggest problem is, that I don't want to be rushed at the last minute. I was handed a bible verse ... quite like one we have used in the past.

Of course, now that the blocks are all prepared in order, it will be hard to ignore them while working on something else. I have not laid out the rest of the houses to figure out if I will have enough, but until these are sewed together, the next steps can wait ... and there will be more houses added because we are still rather confined to home.

8 comments:

  1. You have worked so fast, are the houses maybe pre-fab? Only joking, I know you have built them by hand from the ground up and they will stand together in solidarity for ages.
    Good luck with the banner. You have made many before so you will work out this one too, and in a jiffy, even if you don't want to be rushed.
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you designed the blocks with the rotating houses. I'm sure you will come up with another great banner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your houses! I'm looking forward to seeing your new banner - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are all different and all delightful! I notice that your houses are hugging even if the people isolate inside them cannot.
    What a special quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way you separated the blocks with alternating sashing fabrics. I have 120 houses in my quilt top, but am still making smaller houses to put on the quilt back. I am current through Oct 14 with 216 houses total. Houses I am making for the back are smaller than the ones on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The houses are so colorful and cheerful. A great reminder that even though the outer world is gray in season and in pandemic, our inner homes can stay happy and filled with joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The house blocks are looking great. So many different colours and fabrics make it an interesting top. It is great to see it coming together so well.

    ReplyDelete