Wednesday, October 21, 2020

THIS LOOKS ABOUT DONE

 


After using the word "making", I got some messages stating the verse they are using is "doing". This afternoon I un-sewed the mak letters and added do. It seems a lot easier to un sew hand work than if I had fused it or sewed by machine. The balance isn't so good with a shorter word, but I think it will do.

I still have a bit of time and may decide to add some quilting in the "BEHOLD" area.  I embroidered       Is. 43 - 19 with blue pearl cotton, in the lower right corner. 

I have added the sleeve and put eye-screws in the dowel, so it will be ready to hang. Now... I'd better go shopping if I am going to have dinner ... and I can take out my little houses after I eat.

10 comments:

  1. Your banner is lovely. The stitched hands are fabulous and the blue wording really pops from the background of the scrappy squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Behold, that stands out so well, love the hands and all your stitching. Stay safe in your home.XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks about AWESOME! Your hand work always amazes me - and you're right - it would have been much more difficult to remove the letters if they had been fused and stitched by machine. I'm looking forward to seeing your houses again. Stay safe - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piękna praca! Dłonie świetnie zrobione.
    Pozdrawiam serdecznie z Polski!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a true artist Julie. It's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That was fast work! It is just great and if you hadn't mentioned the replacing of MAK with DO, I wouldn't have noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on this beautiful patch made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so good to make these banners all the time. What a lovely work it is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely design and lovely work. I love the look of hand work.

    ReplyDelete