Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Work in progress

This morning I added the last row of houses to the border. I still have a lot of leftovers and am thinking a table runner might be a better way to use them than another border or on the backside.

 


My plan is to use the dark sky print in the outer border. I am now trying to decide whether to add a sashing in either the light or dark blues used in the inner sashing, or to add the border directly. Laying it out with the choices has not really helped me decide.


So ... what should I do now? Stop and tidy up my messy house while I wait for inspiration? Or maybe put some of the leftover houses together for a table runner...  Decisions, decisions, always decisions!

10 comments:

  1. I love the corners and odd pieces in between the houses with trees on the print.
    If I were you I'd add the starry border directly. It will make the Coronaville look like a rectangular planet in the universe. The pandemic IS after all a global issue.
    A table runner would be a good idea how to use up the left over houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A table runner sounds like an excellent idea while you decide what to do with this lovely quilt. You will come up with the right decision. My goodness, there is so much amazing work gone into your Coronaville. All that piecing! All those houses in all those fabulous must be fabulous to see up close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your Coronaville - and a table runner will be a great way to use the extra houses. I'm partial to the darker blue sashing - but I think it will look terrific whether you put a sashing on it or not - so I'm really not much help - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, either way, with or without the border between the starry sky and the houses. But maybe I lean towards what Queenie suggests.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Work on the table runner. I'm sure you'll get inspiration as you sew something anew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is growing quickly and looking great. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out great. Have fun with the table runner. This may be going on for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job! Make the table runner and have fun. Nancy from New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  9. These houses turned out well. I love to see what your are up to, you're such a good role model.

    ReplyDelete